i’m not sure exactly what posessed me (allthough i’m planning on blaming reading this review of superman returns) but i spent this evening watching the lipstick-lesbian-meets-porkies classic that is the supergirl movie. i don’t know, it’s the biggest pile of mince in the world but here are things i couldn’t help but love about it:
1) the dumb lug that is bewitched into love with linda/supergirl. he is at least twice her age (which is just wrong, but hey things were different way back then in the ‘ol 1980’s) and reminds me so much of the guy in the airplane movies that i can’t take a single word he says seriously.
2) the scene where peter o’toole is wasted on the green squirty stuff. is it contractual for his movies or merely a last minute on set re-write born of necessity? i love that man.
3) peter cooke as the godfather-of-snape
4) the ‘wand of barundi’ (sp?) i laughed for a good minute solid.
5) the red boots. of course.
and some really disturbing hardcore superporn. (the hanabarbara stuff was worse though. by far. it may never leave me)